Areas Affected: Noble
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
North Branch Elkhart River at Cosperville affecting Noble County
.River level slowly coming down.
The Flood Warning continues for
The North Branch Elkhart River at Cosperville
* until further notice.
* At 8 PM Monday the stage was 6.1 feet and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to 6.1 feet around 2 AM Tuesday July 16 with additional rises possible thereafter.
* At 6.0 feet...Water approaches some houses around Skinner Lake, especially along State Road 8.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 6.5 feet which occurred on Jan 16 2005. &&
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further statements and updated forecasts. Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes. All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.