Areas Affected: Noble
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Indiana...
North Branch Elkhart River at Cosperville affecting Noble County.
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until early Friday afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
the North Branch Elkhart River at Cosperville.
* Until early Friday afternoon.
* At 10:30 AM EDT Tuesday the stage was 6.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 6.3 feet this afternoon. It will then fall below flood stage Friday morning.
* Impact...At 7.0 feet, The north end of Lakeview Drive is covered by water. Several houses have water to their foundations on Steinberger Lake Drive.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 8.1 feet on 03/23/1982. &&
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive cars through flooded areas. Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further statements and updated forecasts. Detailed river forecasts and additional information can be found at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes. The next statement will be issued tonight at 1000 PM EDT.