FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) – The No. 3-ranked Indiana Tech women’s basketball defeated Wilberforce University, 88-56, Monday evening in their nonconference finale inside the Schaefer Center.
Kendall Knapke scored a game-high 20 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for her fifth double-double of the season. DeAnn Kauffman scored 18 points, seven rebounds and three assists while Kyra Whitaker added 13 points off the bench. Rachel Bell chipped in 11 points, three rebounds and three assists while Alexis Hill had 10 points and five rebounds.
Knapke started off the game with a three-pointer, but the Bulldogs came right back with an 8-0 lead. The Warriors responded with a 17-3 run to go up 20-10 with 2:46 left in the quarter. Whitaker capped the period with a triple at the buzzer to make it a 23-12 game.
Tech kicked off the second on a 10-1 spurt to push their lead up to 20 points with just over seven minutes left to go in the half. Wilberforce countered with an 8-0 run to cut the deficit down to 12 points, but the hosts held a 15-point lead at the half and never let the visitors get any closer the rest of the game.
The Orange and Black continued to build their lead in the third quarter as they outscored Wilberforce 23-10, with 16 of their points coming from the free throw line while leading by as many as 37 points in the final quarter to snap a two-game losing skid.
Tech (25-3) heads into their final two games of the regular season with a game and a half lead over Aquinas College and returns to Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) action on Wednesday as they host Lourdes University in the teams’ “Think Pink” game. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. from the Schaefer Center.
- Warriors Tame Bulldogs to Snap Skid
- Mad Ants top Drive to snap skid
- Ants Snap Skid with Win Over Lakeland
- Mad Ants look to snap two game skid
- Mad Ants Snap Three-Game Skid with Win over Swarm
- Dons Snap Seven Game Skid With Win Over Omaha
- 'Dons snap three-game skid with homecoming win over Denver
- Komets Snap Five Game Skid with Win Over Wichita
- Tech Tops Siena Heights to Snap Two Game Skid
- 'Dons snap 19-game losing skid with win at North Dakota State