FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The World Baseball Academy and CEO Caleb Kimmel announced plans for a fourth turf baseball field at the WBA's headquarters at the ASH Centre.
The WBA is partnering with the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation on the project, who is pitching in a donation up to $100,000 to help the cause.
The new field will be a fully adaptive field to cater to children of all different abilities. The WBA has already raised over half of the needed $1.1 million to build the new field. They hope to begin construction next year.
- World Baseball Academy reveals plan for new baseball field
- World Baseball Academy Debuts Multimillion Dollar Turf Fields
- Brackets revealed for baseball state tournament
- Prep Baseball: Blackhawk, Antwerp Win at Parkview Field
- Leo Baseball Edges Northrop
- College Baseball Roundup: 4/2
- Carroll Baseball Tops Homestead
- Prep Baseball Roundup: 4/25
- Prep Baseball Roundup: 4/27
- Prep Baseball Roundup: 4/28