FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne Komets new affiliation with the Vegas Golden Knights is already paying dividends in the form of Zachary Fucale.
Formerly a second round draft pick by the Canadiens in 2013, Fucale was the first player to be sent to the K's with their new affiliation. Fucale was with the AHL's Chicago Wolves before the start of Komets training camp.
Last year Fucale spent 18 games with Laval in the AHL going 10 and 7 with an .890 save percentage and a 3.26 goals against average.
Gary Graham, Komets head coach: "Whenever you get sent down, you wanna see a kid with a positive attitude that wants to be here, that wants to improve, and he's fully embraced since day one, the locker room, the training staff, the owners, the coaches. And he's just a kid that just wants to put his head down and go to work hard every day, and there's definitely a reason why Vegas is so high on him, I can see what they see in him."
Zachary Fucale, Komets goalie: "I've had a couple good conversations with David Prior, the goalie coach in Vegas and we're working on certain aspects of my game to really push my limits, and really get better in those little facets. And we believe, and I believe, that those are the things that are gonna bring me to the next level. And, yeah, this season, the start of this season is big for me to apply these things.
- Vegas affiliation paying off for Komets
- Komets announce affiliation with Vegas Golden Knights
- Komets Still Searching for Affiliation
- Komets Re-Up Affiliation With Golden Knights
- Komets to Get Roster Help Thanks to Affiliation
- It's Official, Komets Renew Affiliation with Golden Knights
- Komets Hoping to Lock Down Affiliation Details Soon
- TinCaps and Padres Extend Affiliation
- Larraza Assigned to Komets
- Komets Drill Oilers