From 260 to the show. That's the path Josh VanMeter has taken, and it culminated in Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon.
After tearing up Triple-A to the tune of 13 home runs and 31 RBI this season, VanMeter got the call this weekend. The former Norwell High School star made his big league debut on Sunday, pinch-hitting in the 7th inning. The Ossian native walked in his first career at-bat before nabbing his first career stolen base in a loss against the Giants.
The Reds lost to the Giants by a final score of 6-5.
- VanMeter makes big league debut for Reds
- VanMeter carving out role for himself in Cincinnati
- Padres 1st-Round pick makes TinCaps debut
- Robinson III makes season debut, Mad Ants fall to Herd
- GR3 to make season debut Friday for Pacers
- Jaylon Smith excited to make NFL postseason debut
- TinCaps Fall in Abrams' Debut
- Mad Ants Fall in Leaf's Debut
- Trine Women Fall in New Arena's Debut
- Former Mastodon Miller Sharp in 2018 Debut