Fort Wayne, Ind. (WFFT) - Early offense wasn't enough to propel the Fort Wayne Komets to a win over the Cincinnati Cyclones on Friday night at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Fort Wayne got on the board on a power play just over six minutes in to the first on J.C. Campagna 34th goal of the year, a wrist shot from the slot for the period's lone tally.
Cincinnati would connect on three of nine chances in the second period to take a 3-1 lead after two. The Komets surrendered two special teams goals, one on a power play by Mike Marnell, and one shorthanded by Ben Johnson.
Fort Wayne would add a goal in the third.
The Komets play again Saturday at Indy.
- Trio of Second Period Goals Guide Cyclones Past Komets
- Komets Roll over Cyclones
- Mavericks use big second period to skate past Komets
- Komets Look to Playoff Battle with Cyclones
- Shane Albahrani talks Komets-Cyclones playoffs matchup
- Komets Preparing for Game 3 with Cyclones
- Cyclones hand Komets their first loss
- Komets Rally for Overtime Win Over Cyclones
- Komets score three in third period to clinch series win vs. Cyclones
- Schaafsma goal lifts Komets over Cyclones in game one of playoff series