DAYTON, Ohio – TinCaps first baseman Carlos Belen reached three times, while chipping in two RBIs on Sunday afternoon at Fifth Third Field, but Fort Wayne fell to the Dayton Dragons (Cincinnati Reds), 4-3.
Fort Wayne (10-14) scored in the top of the first inning. With runners at the corners after two singles from center field Jeisson Rosario and right fielder Tirso Ornelas, Belen grounded a single up the middle to plate Rosario, giving the TinCaps an early lead, 1-0.
Dayton (10-11) responded with a run in the bottom of the second inning. An infield single from Hendrik Clementina scored Stuart Fairchild from third base to tie the game at 1-1.
The Dragons took the lead in the bottom of the third inning. Runners were at first and second with two outs when Fairchild lifted a triple to the right-field warning track to score Jose Garcia and Michael Beltre. Fairchild also scored on the play after a throwing error to third base, giving the Dragons a 4-1 advantage.
The TinCaps attempted a comeback in the top of the sixth inning. Belen lined a single up the middle for his second RBI of the day to score shortstop Gabriel Arias. Fort Wayne third baseman Justin Lopez also collected an RBI on a groundout to shrink the margin to 4-3.
Fort Wayne received a solid performance out of the bullpen from Aaron Leasher who went three perfect innings and collecting three strikeouts.
- TinCaps Rally Late, But Fall in Series Finale
- TinCaps Fall in Series Finale to Lugnuts
- TinCaps Win Series, But Lose in Finale
- TinCaps Batter Bees in Series Finale
- Captains Trounce TinCaps in Series Finale
- Dayton tops TinCaps with late rally
- Captains Rally Late for Win Over TinCaps
- TinCaps Falter Late, Fall to Cougars
- TinCaps Win Third Straight, Top Whitecaps in Series Finale
- Cougars come back to beat TinCaps in series finale