Chris Svarczkopf announced his retirement from coaching the Bishop Dwenger football team Monday afternoon during a team meeting.
Svarczkopf had been at the helm of the Saints football program for 15 years. In that decade and a half, Svarczkopf had a 149-49 record, and Dwenger won 11 sectionals, 10 regionals and five semistate crowns. The Saints also won a state title in 2015 while he was battling cancer.
Dwenger won six Summit Athletic Conference titles during his tenure, as well, and had a 38 game win streak in conference play from 2006-10.
- Svarczkopf Retires as Bishop Dwenger Football Coach
- Jason Garrett Named Bishop Dwenger Head Football Coach
- Bishop Dwenger football celebrates fifth state championship
- Bishop Dwenger readying for Regionals
- Two-A-Days: Bishop Dwenger
- Bishop Dwenger football standout Luke Wiginton commits to Indiana
- Bishop Dwenger Volleyball readying for Sectionals
- Three Sign NLI's at Bishop Dwenger
- Bishop Dwenger, Norwell Girls Basketball Earn Wins
- The Locker Room: Bishop Dwenger vs. Leo