Dreams turned to reality for a former Snider High School football star on Friday night.
Jessie Bates III was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals with the 54th overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft. Bates was a star safety for the Panthers before becoming a standout at the college level for Wake Forest. He finished his two-year college career with 177 total tackles and six interceptions.
Bates will join forces with Bishop Dwenger grad Tyler Eifert in Cincinnati. The Bengals' first game of the 2018 season will take place on September 9th in Indianapolis against the Colts.
- Snider grad Jessie Bates selected with 54th pick in NFL draft
- Jessie Bates' Number Retired by Snider
- Former Snider star Jessie Bates named to NFL All-Rookie Team
- Jessie Bates III shows out at NFL Combine
- Catching up with Jessie Bates III at the NFL Combine
- Jessie Bates throws out first pitch ahead of TinCaps win
- Jessie Bates Ready to Build On Strong Rookie Season
- Jessie Bates III, Jared Murphy Participate in Bengals Rookie Camp
- Snider Grad Reggie Hearn Signs with Lakers
- Bates preparing for first NFL training camp