Coming into Saturday night's must-win game five, the Komets had scored just one power play goal on 17 chances in the postseason. But special teams came to life when the K's needed it most, as three power play goals lifted Fort Wayne to a 5-3 win over rival Toledo.
Head coach Gary Graham made some drastic lineup changes before the game, and they paid off in a big way. Justin Hodgman, Ryan Lowney and Craig Cescon were all scratched. That gave Mason Baptisita an opportunity, and he took advantage of it, giving his team its first lead of the series midway through the first period.
And the K's never looked back. Fort Wayne never trailed on their way to victory. The Komets do still trail the series, 3-2, as the action shifts back to the Summit City at 7:35 on Tuesday.
- Power play comes to life as Komets force game six with win at Toledo
- Komets take game one in Toledo
- Komets grab series lead with game five win at Toledo
- Komets ready to go to war with Toledo
- Gary Graham Recaps Komets Game 4 Win
- Komets Ready for "Must Win" Game Three
- Walleye win Game 1 over Komets
- Toledo takes 3-1 series lead with 5-1 win
- Komets focus is on Winning
- Komets win final regular season road game in convincing fashion