As has been the case many times over the years, there is a lot of local flavor on the current Ball State football and men's basketball rosters.
On the gridiron, Norwell grad Curtis Blackwell is set to help anchor the offensive line this season. Blackwell started 11 games as a sophomore last year. His Cardinals open up the season with Indiana on August 31st.
It is unclear at this point when BSU basketball will open its season, but we do know there will be a trio of Northeast Indiana ballers on the floor when they do. Former North Side standout Lucas Kroft is set to join Carroll alum Kyle Mallers and Columbia City grad Brachen Hazen on the Worthen Arena floor this year. James Whitford and the Cards are hoping to bounce back from their first losing season since 2015.
- Northeast Indiana natives to play key roles for BSU football, basketball
- Ferrer, Coate Participate at BSU Pro Day
- Pair of Fort Wayne natives play hero for USF
- Indiana Tech Basketball Sweeps Cornerstone
- Indiana Tech Basketball Sweeps Aquinas
- Tippmann, McGarry Sign to Play D1 Football
- Four Panthers Sign to Play Football
- Freeman, Ali, Young represent Northeast Indiana in all-star doubleheader
- Nutter, Besser honored by Northeast Indiana Baseball Association
- Five athletes bring Junior Nationals wins home to Northeast Indiana