Despite ECHL MVP Shawn Szydlowski being out due to a lower body injury, the Komets found a way to power past Colorado in game three of the Western Conference Finals on Wednesday.
The K's got two goals from Gabriel Desjardins, and one goal a piece from Garrett Thompson and Marc-Olivier Roy on their way to a 4-2 win. Michael Houser stopped 27 shots in net after missing game two with an injury. Fort Wayne has now won two straight in the series. They will look to carry that momentum into Friday night's game four.
Puck is set to drop at 8 p.m. inside The Jungle.
- No Szyd, No Problem: K's take 2-1 series lead in conference finals
- Komets Preparing for Western Conference Finals
- TinCaps Win Series, But Lose in Finale
- TinCaps Fall in Series Finale to Lugnuts
- Captains Trounce TinCaps in Series Finale
- TinCaps Batter Bees in Series Finale
- TinCaps Rally Late, But Fall in Series Finale
- TinCaps Win Third Straight, Top Whitecaps in Series Finale
- Hunt Homers, But Fort Wayne Drops the Series Finale
- Cougars come back to beat TinCaps in series finale