FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) – The Long Island Nets defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 117-111, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Friday night in front of a crowd of 1,781. Brooklyn Nets two-way player Dzanan Musa finished with his 10th 20-point game this season to lead Long Island (9-4) in the second night of a back-to-back. Musa added 13 rebounds to go along with his team-high 25.
Jordan McLaughlin aided Musa for Long Island with 24 points and seven assists.
The Mad Ants (5-6) dropped to below .500 for the first time since the 2015-16 season.
Long Island, the worst statistical team in the G League from beyond the arc entering tonight’s game, capitalized on 14 made 3-point shots.
Stephan Hicks and Davon Reed both ended the night with career-high point totals for Fort Wayne. Hicks checked out with 29 points, while Reed ended with 26.
The Mad Ants and Nets exchanged leads twice in the third quarter after Long Island led by as much as 13 in the first half.
After surrendering 151 points last night in Canton, Long Island managed to hold Fort Wayne to 21.7% from 3-point range.
Alan Williams, Theo Pinson and Mitchell Creek all ended in double figures for the Nets. Drew Gordon also added 10 points off the bench.
Omari Johnson and Ike Anigbogu rounded out the Mad Ants’ scoring efforts with 15 and 10 points, respectively.
Rookie Jared Sam finished with a new career-high off the bench in his fourth game this season for the Mad Ants.
Fort Wayne will return to the Coliseum on Monday night against the Grand Rapids Drive at 7 p.m. Long Island will head to Lakeland to take on the Magic this Sunday.
Monday is “Money Monday”, presented by 3Rivers Federal Credit Union at the Coliseum. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
- Nets avenge last night's loss with win at Fort Wayne
- Purdue Fort Wayne Downs Manchester
- Fort Wayne MBB Wins 22nd Straight Non-League Home Game
- Fort Wayne Softball Earns Walk-Off Win Over USD
- Fort Wayne men's volleyball notches second straight win
- Purdue Fort Wayne WVB Runs Winning Streak to Four
- Fort Wayne MBB Confident Heading into Lexington
- Fort Wayne MBB Rolls over IU-Kokomo
- Fort Wayne WBB Falls to Milwaukee
- Scott's 34 Leads Fort Wayne Past Stetson