Indianapolis – Mike Brevard of Fort Wayne North Side High School has been named the Colts/NFL Coach of the Week, a program presented by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, the Indianapolis Colts announced today.
Brevard was nominated and selected for the award after snapping the Legends’ 20-game losing streak with a victory over Class 3A No. 4 Fort Wayne Bishop Luers, 52-49. Brevard is in his second season with North Side.
The 2018 season marks the 19th year the Colts are recognizing outstanding Indiana high school football coaches through this program.
All high school head coaches in the state are eligible regardless of their school size, league or division. Coaches are evaluated on various factors including the coach’s impact on his team, school and community, as well as performance of the team. The honorees are selected by a panel of football media, former athletic directors and other football representatives from across the state.
Each Monday following a high school football weekend, one coach will be announced as the honoree. At the end of the high school season, each honoree will receive a $1,000 donation from the NFL Foundation, as well as a framed certificate signed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Colts general manager Chris Ballard, head coach Frank Reich and youth football commissioner Mike Prior. What’s more, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield will contribute an additional $1,000 to the school’s athletic fund.
For more information, contact Andy Matis of Colts Youth Football at (317) 808-5322, or visit Colts.com/HighSchoolFootball.
- Mike Brevard Named Colts Coach of the Week
- Indianapolis Colts fire Head Coach Chuck Pagano
- Josh McDaniels backs out of deal to become Colts coach
- Padres Name 2018 TinCaps Coaching Staff
- Colts At Bat Comes to Fort Wayne
- Jason Garrett Named Bishop Dwenger Head Football Coach
- Indiana city paying $1M for Colts' hotel rental
- USF's Dunten Named NAIA Defensive Player of the Week
- Report: Gary Andrews to be named North Side boys basketball head coach
- Bates, Eifert help lead Bengals to season-opening win vs. Colts