FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Mastodons (4-5, 3-5 Horizon) travel to Milwaukee to face the Panthers (5-2, 4-1 Horizon) this weekend.
When: Friday, January 15 | 7 p.m. ET
When: Saturday, January 16 | 7 p.m. ET
Game Day Information
Where: Klotsche Center | Milwaukee, Wis.
Video: ESPN+ (Friday | Saturday)
Talent: Scott Warras
Radio: The Fan 1380 AM (link)
Talent: Brett Rump, Art Saltsberg
Live Stats: Friday | Saturday
Series History: Mastodons lead 1-0
KNOW YOUR FOE
• The only time the 'Dons and Panthers have played was Dec. 30, 1987. It was a 77-61 Mastodon win. It was played in Quincy, Illinois. It was the third game in three days for the 'Dons, after playing falling to Quincy on Dec. 28 and defeating Abilene Christian on Dec. 29.
• Milwaukee is only giving up 66.6 points per game, second best in the league only to Wright State.
• Te'Jon Lucas is third in the league in assists per game at 6.9.
• Milwaukee won a pair of games over IUPUI last weekend. Their other two league wins are over Green Bay.
'DONS AND ENDS:
• Dylan Carl is eighth in the nation in two-point shots. He has made 24-of-30 for an 80.0 percent mark. Only one attempt has been outside of the paint.
• Over the last four games, Deonte Billups is shooting 14-of-19 from three (73.7 percent). He also had a double-double of 15 points and 11 rebounds in the first game against UIC for good measure.
• With two overtime wins this season, the 'Dons are now 8-3 in overtime games under head coach Jon Coffman.
• The 'Dons scored 51 points and shot 63.3 (19-of-30) from the floor in the second half against UIC on Jan. 9. The 'Dons were 6-of-9 from three. It wasn't the first time this season the 'Dons put together a monster offensive second half. On Dec. 27 against Robert Morris the 'Dons put up 48 points in the period and shot 63.3 percent (14-of-22) including 5-of-8 from three. The 'Dons also had a 49-point second half against Cleveland State on Dec. 20, shooting 51.6 percent (16-of-31) from the floor.
• The Mastodons' 33 point victory over UIC on Jan. 9 was the Mastodons' largest over a league opponent since defeating IUPUI by 38 points on March 8, 2014 85-47 in the Summit League Tournament.
• Jarred Godfrey was named the Horizon League Player of the Week for his two performances over UIC. Additionally, Godfrey was named the Lou Henson National Player of the Week by CollegeInsider.com. He averaged 28.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Godfrey shot 54.3 percent (19-of-35) from the floor and 60.0 percent (6-of-10) from three.
• Godfrey's Player of the Week was boosted by a 41-point performance on Jan. 8. The career high stands as the most by a Mastodon in program history at the Gates Sports Center. It was also three points shy of the program record for points in a game. He finished a career-best 11-of-12 from the line. Godfrey scored eight points in the extra session.
• The Mastodons are shooting 42.4 percent from three, 4th best in the nation. Only Drake (43.0), The Citadel (42.8) and Baylor (42.8) rank higher than the Mastodons.
• The Mastodons are shooting 51.0 percent on the season, 11th best in the nation and best in the league.
• The Mastodons' 8.7 3-pointers per game rank 68th in the nation.
• The Mastodons' 8.1 steals per game rank 57th in the nation.
• The Mastodons shot 64.2 percent from the floor and 64.7 percent from three in their win over Robert Morris on Dec. 27. Both performances are the best in the Horizon League this season.
• The Mastodons have recorded a better field goal percentage than their opponent in six-of-nine games this season. The 'Dons have out-shot their opponents in five consecutive games.
• The Mastodons recorded double-digit steals in three of the last four games.
• The 'Dons have kept their opponent to sub 30.0 percent shooting from three four times this season.
• The 'Dons limited Southeastern Louisiana to 3.6 percent (1-of-28) from three. Per sports-reference.com, since 2010-11, it was only the third time a team has limited an opponent to a sub 4.0 percent performance from beyond the arc with 28 or more attempts from three. Of note in that game, Southeastern Louisiana made their first attempt and missed their next 27.
• Deonte Billups made a career-high six 3-pointers in the opener against Northern Kentucky. It is the most 3-pointers in a game by a Mastodon this season. It was one of Billups' best games as a Mastodon. All told he was 8-of-10 from the floor for a career-high 22 points while adding three rebounds.
• In the four games against Northern Kentucky and UIC, Jalon Pipkins averaged 15.5 points per game and shot 25-of-47 (53.2 percent) from the field.
• Bobby Planutis is averaging in double-digits with 10.0 points per contest. He is shooting 49.1 percent (15-of-35) from three but he has proven to be more than just a spot up shooter. The Pennsylvania native has made 19-of-21 from the free throw line.
• Dylan Carl has 96 blocks in his career. He is in fifth place in program history in the category. Up next on the list is Brent Calhoun (2012-17) with 109. Carl and Calhoun were teammates in 2016-17.
THE 'DONS WENT TO JARRED:
• Jarred Godfrey finished with a line of 27 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and five steals against Robert Morris (Dec. 27). Per sports-reference.com, he is one of only 10 players since the 2010-11 season to record such a line in a game. The list includes Ben Simmons and Kemba Walker. He is the only player on the list to do so while taking fewer than 14 shots from the floor. Godfrey finished 9-of-11.
• Sports-reference.com produces game scores for individual performances, with 10 being average and 40 being outstanding. Godfrey earned a 31.8 for his 41-point outburst against UIC. He received a 31.0 for his game against Robert Morris (Dec. 27). Current Memphis Grizzlies member John Konchar is the only other Mastodon in program history with two game scores better than 31.0. The database goes back to the 2010-11 season.
• Jarred Godfrey has made 36-of-41 free throws on the season (87.8 percent), third best in the league. He entered the season shooting 69.6 percent from the line in his career.
• Jarred Godfrey is officially on the 1,000-point total watch as he enters this weekend with 901 career points.
• Jarred Godfrey has scored 20 or more points in five-of-eight Horizon League games this season.