FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Purdue Fort Wayne dropped a non-league men's soccer contest to California Baptist on Sunday (Sept. 1) afternoon 4-0 at the Hefner Soccer Complex. It was the first ever meeting between the two teams.
California Baptist held a 2-0 lead at the half after a pair of first half goals. Rafael Vacas Barba had the first goal for California Baptist off a corner kick. Brian Gonzalez added the second goal. California Baptist recorded a pair of second half goals to make the final 4-0.
The Lancers held a 9-7 advantage in corner kicks. Purdue Fort Wayne's best scoring chance came in the second half when Nemanja Gvozdic's free kick attempt required a leaping save by the California Baptist goalkeeper Albert Escuin.
California Baptist is now 1-0-1. The Mastodons fall to 0-2-0. The 'Dons host Marian on Wednesday (Sept. 4) evening at the Hefner Soccer Complex.
- Mastodons crushed by California Baptist
- Purdue powers past Mastodons
- Mastodons pummel the Polar Bears
- Godfrey finding groove with Mastodons
- Komets Crush Thunder
- Mastodons Look Ahead to Summit League Tournament
- Mastodons Ready for Fifth Straight Postseason Appearance
- Mastodons sweep Omaha in Friday doubleheader
- Former Mastodon Miller Sharp in 2018 Debut