FORT WAYNE, Ind. (PFW Athletics) – Three second half goals lifted Purdue Fort Wayne to a men's soccer victory over Marian (Ind.) on Wednesday (Sept. 4) evening at the Hefner Soccer Complex 3-1.
It was a 1-1 game when the Mastodons took the lead for good on a Ryan Bernt goal in the 62nd minute. His left foot powered in a shot from the left side. The tally was assisted by Chris Baranowski.
Alex Frank put the capper on the night with a goal in the 89th minute. He finished from in close on a nice pass from James Lamb. Both the goals for Bernt and Frank were their first of the season.
The 'Dons allowed only two shots on goal in the entire contest. Purdue Fort Wayne had an 11-5 advantage in corner kicks and held the majority of the possession in the contest.
Marian falls to 2-2-0. The 'Dons improve to 1-2-0. Purdue Fort Wayne is back in action on Sunday (Sept. 8) at IUPUI. It will be a 1 p.m. kick in the Circle City.
- Mastodons Beat Marian For First Win of the Season
- (3) USF outlasts Marian
- Marian edges Saint Francis
- Purdue powers past Mastodons
- Mastodons sweep Quincy for third straight win
- Mastodons beat McKendree, earn fifth seed in conference torunament
- USF drops pair against Marian
- Woodlan's Meyer Signs With Marian
- Mastodons crushed by California Baptist
- Garrett's Cam Smith Signs with Marian