ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) - Trine University standout athlete Marcus Winters has made an indelible mark on the University as he finishes out his athletic career in the coming weeks.
Winters helped the Thunder football team to back-to-back MIAA conference titles as a junior and senior.
He was also a back-to-back All-American selection and MIAA defensive player of the year.
Winters owns 12 single-season and career records for the Thunder football program, as well.
He also has been a key cog in the men's basketball team for the past three seasons.
As a junior, he was named the MIAA defensive player of the year and helped the Thunder to their first-ever regular-season conference title as well.
This season, he has taken on more of a scoring load, averaging 12 points per game, good enough for second-most on the team.
Coach Brooks Miller believes he could be the most decorated student-athletes to ever come out of the school.
- Marcus Winters making his mark at Trine
- DeKalb's Goebel Signs with Trine
- Trine Battles USF to Draw
- Carswell, Marcus Winters & Barnett Named All-American By AFCA
- Trine, Saint Francis Look Ahead to Postseason
- Trine Moves on in D3 Playoffs
- Trine Women Fall in New Arena's Debut
- Trine Hoping to Replicate Last Year's Success
- Trine tops Manchester to open season
- Trine offense struggles in season-ending loss