Fort Wayne, IN -- The Komets defeated the Indy Fuel Friday night 3-2 in a shootout in Indianapolis to clinch their sixth straight berth in the ECHL Kelly Cup playoffs. It will be the 58th overall post-season in the 67-year history of the team in Fort Wayne.
The Komets foe in the Central Division Semi-Finals and the first round playoff schedule is yet to be determined. The Komets will face either the Cincinnati Cyclones or the Toledo Walleye. The first two home playoff dates are Wednesday, April 17 at 7:30pm and Friday, April 19 at 8pm.
Tickets for the first two Komet home playoff games go on sale Saturday morning at 10:00 at the Coliseum office along with single game tickets for this weekend's home games. For more information visit Komets.com, call 260-483-0011.
The first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs will be played entirely within the division, with the division winner playing the fourth-place finisher and the second-place team meeting the third-place team in the Division Semifinals. The winners of each series will meet in the Division Finals, leading to the Conference Finals and Kelly Cup Finals.
Cyclones here Saturday, Nailers visit for season finale Sunday-- The Komets host back-to-back games this weekend starting with Cincinnati Saturday at 7:30pm. Sunday the Komets welcome Wheeling for a 5pm faceoff in the regular season finale.
Komets Season Ending Awards Sunday-- The annual presentation of Komet team awards will be held immediately following Sunday's game against Wheeling. The Komets will honor the Defenseman of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Most Improved Player, the True Komet award, Mr. Hustle award, Unsung Hero, Best Defensive Forward and Most Valuable Player of 2018-19 as voted by team personnel and local media with trophy presentations after the game.
- Komets clinch playoff spot with shootout win in Indy
- Komets Can Clinch Playoff Berth Wednesday
- Mad Ants cruise past Herd, clinch playoff spot
- Mallards Beat Komets in Shootout
- Another shootout loss?! Yep, another shootout loss for Komets
- Komets suffer shootout loss to Walleye
- Komets Look to Playoff Battle with Cyclones
- Shane Albahrani talks Komets-Cyclones playoffs matchup
- Shane Albahrani Previews Komets Playoff Series
- Komets, Walleye Ready for Playoff Matchup