FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Komets gained two points for week 11 of the 2019-20 campaign, dropping both games of the week in overtime.
Last Friday, the Indy Fuel scored a 4-3 overtime win in Fort Wayne and Saturday the Cincinnati Cyclones increased their lead over the Komets by a point with a 3-2 overtime victory on Coliseum ice.
Komets on ice:
- Monday, Dec. 23 through Wednesday, Dec. 25
- Komets are off for the Christmas break.
- Thursday, Dec. 26
- Practice at the Coliseum, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 27
- Practice at the Coliseum, 10 - 11 a.m.; Home game vs Brampton, 8:05 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 28
- Practice at the Icehouse, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.; Game at Kalamazoo, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 29
- Home game vs Kalamazoo, 5:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 31
- Practice at the Coliseum, 10 - 11 a.m.; Home game vs Toledo, 7:35 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 2
- Practice at the Coliseum, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, Jan.3
- Practice at the Coliseum, 10 - 11 a.m.; game at Indy, 7:35 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 4
- Practice at the Coliseum, 10:30 - 11 a.m.; Home game vs Kalamazoo, 7:35 p.m.
The Komets continue to maintain second place in the Central Division and head into the Christmas break with a 15-9-4 record, trailing Cincinnati by eight points after 28 games.
The Komets will go on a holiday break this week before capping December with four games in five nights starting Friday when the Brampton Beast visit for an 8:05 p.m. faceoff.
Saturday the Komets will skate at Kalamazoo at 7 p.m. before returning home Sunday to host the Wings at 5:05 p.m.
Tuesday the Komets complete the four-game post-Christmas slate hosting the Toledo Walleye in the traditional Fort Wayne New Year's Eve game at 7:35 p.m.