Fort Wayne, Ind. (Komets) -- In the Central division semifinals of the ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs the Fort Wayne Komets will face off against the Toledo Walleye starting Friday, April 12, at the Huntington Center in Toledo at 7:35pm. The best-of-seven series will follow a 2-2-1-1-1 format.
It will be the third straight season the Komets and Walleye have met in the post-season and fourth since joining the ECHL. The Komets are 1-2 in the previous three match-ups after eliminating Toledo last year 4-2 in the second round. It's the sixth time Fort Wayne has qualified for the Kelly Cup playoffs. It's the 58th playoff appearance in the 67-year history of the Komets.
Here is the complete first-round schedule of the Fort Wayne-Toledo series:
2019 ECHL KELLY CUP CENTRAL DIVISION SEMIFINALS
FORT WAYNE KOMETS VS TOLEDO WALLEYE
- Game 1- Friday, April 12 - Fort Wayne at Toledo, 7:35pm ET
- Game 2- Saturday, April 13 - Fort Wayne at Toledo, 7:35pm ET
- Game 3- Wednesday, April 17 - Toledo at Fort Wayne, 7:35pm ET
- Game 4- Friday, April 19 - Toledo at Fort Wayne, 8:05pm ET
- Game 5- Saturday, April 20 - Fort Wayne at Toledo, 7:35pm ET*
- Game 6- Tuesday, April 23 - Toledo at Fort Wayne, 7:35pm ET*
- Game 7- Wednesday, April 24 - Fort Wayne at Toledo, 7:35pm ET*
*If necessary. All games on WOWO AM 1190, FM 107.5 and streaming live at www.komets.com.
- Komets, Walleye Ready for Playoff Matchup
- Shane Albahrani talks Komets-Cyclones playoffs matchup
- Walleye beat Komets, even series
- Komets Open Season With Win Over Walleye
- Komets Knock Off Walleye on Thanksgiving
- Komets down Walleye on New Year's Eve
- Komets to face Walleye in Second Round
- Walleye top Komets thanks to late goals
- Komets finish off Walleye in game six
- Komets suffer shootout loss to Walleye