Fort Wayne, Ind. (WFFT) - The Komets are worried about plenty heading in to the offseason, but locking down their affiliation with the Las Vegas Golden Knights isn't one of them.
Komets General Manager David Franke said both respective parties have already met, and he believes a deal could be done within the next 30-45 days.
If the Komets do re-up with Vegas, the team will need more from the Knights in terms of players. Outside of goaltender Zach Fucale, who spent the majority of his season in Fort Wayne, racking up a 20-9-1-2 record with a 3.18 goals allowed average, the team received just one player on loan all year.
Matthew Weis played in just six games for the K's, scoring two goals and recording seven points.
- Komets Hoping to Lock Down Affiliation Details Soon
- Komets Still Searching for Affiliation
- Komets announce affiliation with Vegas Golden Knights
- Vegas affiliation paying off for Komets
- Komets Re-Up Affiliation With Golden Knights
- Komets to Get Roster Help Thanks to Affiliation
- It's Official, Komets Renew Affiliation with Golden Knights
- TinCaps and Padres Extend Affiliation
- Komets hoping to not miss a beat
- Komets Hope to Carry Weekend Momentum to Game Three