Fort Wayne, IN -- The Komets announced Tuesday that they have acquired forward Brady Shaw in exchange for forward Aidan Muir and future considerations.
Shaw, 26, was the Orlando Solar Bears leading scorer with 13 goals and 25 points through this past weekend. The Ottawa, Ontario native is in his second full pro season after marking his ECHL debut last year in Colorado scoring 14 goals and 27 points in 44 games before appearing in 13 playoff games and capturing the 2018 Kelly Cup Championship with the Eagles.
Shaw completed two years of juniors in the British Columbia Hockey League in 2012-13 leading Surrey with 32 goals and 61 points in 42 games prior to winning the 2013 BCHL championship. The forward began a four-year collegiate career with the University of Vermont in 2013-14 posting totals of 37 goals, 40 assists and 77 points in 142 Hockey East games with the Catamounts.
The skater made his pro debut in 2016-17 logging six AHL games with San Antonio and added five games with the Rampage last season.
Muir, 23, started the season with Fort Wayne and registered a goal and three points in seven games with the Komets.
- Komets add scoring punch by trading for Shaw
- Munson, Shaw Provide Needed Punch for Komets
- Komets bringing back Shaw, Petruzzelli, Binkley and Stewart
- Komets Trade Fawcett, Activate Desjardins
- Komets Trade Three, Announce Schedule
- Komets add two more veteran skaters
- Komets add goalie to preseason roster
- Komets Add Two Defensemen to Preseason Roster
- Komets Trade Campagna to Norfolk, Sign Three
- Komets add trio of rookies to preseason roster