Cincinnati Bengals rookie Jessie Bates III was back in his hometown of Fort Wayne to throw out the first pitch at Thursday's TinCaps game.
The Snider High School grad also signed autogrpahs and spent an hour interacting with fans before the game. Bates is just a couple of weeks away from reporting to his first NFL training camp.
Following the festivities, the TinCaps did what they have done a lot of as of late: win. After Great Lakes scored five unanswered to take a 5-2 lead going into the bottom of the tenth, Fort Wayne rallied with four runs to walk off with a 6-5 win. The 'Caps have now won four straight heading into this weekend's series with Bowling Green.
In other TinCaps news, left-hander Nick Margevicius is no longer with the team. Margevicius was called up to High-A Lake Elsinore on Thursday. The southpaw racked up 87 strikeouts in just over 76 innings with the 'Caps.
- Jessie Bates throws out first pitch ahead of TinCaps win
- Bates to throw out first pitch at Thursday's TinCaps game
- Jessie Bates' Number Retired by Snider
- Catching up with Jessie Bates III at the NFL Combine
- Jessie Bates III shows out at NFL Combine
- Jessie Bates III, Jared Murphy Participate in Bengals Rookie Camp
- Jessie Bates Ready to Build On Strong Rookie Season
- TinCaps Look to Rely on Speed, Pitching
- TinCaps Walk-Off on Hit by Pitch
- Snider grad Jessie Bates selected with 54th pick in NFL draft