FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Komets) - Fort Wayne Komets General Manager David Franke announced Wednesday that the Komets renewed their affiliation agreement with the Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL for 2019-20.
Fort Wayne will continue to be the official ECHL affiliate of the Golden Knights for the second consecutive season.
"We are excited to be back with the Vegas Golden Knights as our NHL affiliate," Franke said. "It is anticipated that we will receive more players from them for the 2019-20 season. This affiliation with Vegas is very important to the Komet organization and all our players."
The Golden Knights will enter their third year as a member of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference. Former Fort Wayne assistant coach Gerard Gallant will also be serving his third term as head coach of the Golden Knights.
Gallant guided Vegas to one of the most successful debut seasons for an expansion team in North American major professional sports history in 2017-18.
Last year, the Golden Knights finished third in the Pacific Division and qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the second straight season.
The Golden Knights play their home games at the T-Mobile Arena on the world famous Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada.
Vegas skates the season opener at home Wednesday, Oct. 2 against the San Jose Sharks.
The Komets open their 68th season at home on Saturday, Oct. 12 against the Kalamazoo Wings.
- It's Official, Komets Renew Affiliation with Golden Knights
- Komets announce affiliation with Vegas Golden Knights
- Komets Re-Up Affiliation With Golden Knights
- Komets Still Searching for Affiliation
- Vegas affiliation paying off for Komets
- Komets to Get Roster Help Thanks to Affiliation
- Komets Hoping to Lock Down Affiliation Details Soon
- TinCaps and Padres Extend Affiliation
- Countdown to Kickoff 2019: East Noble Knights
- Countdown to Kickoff 2019: Norwell Knights