ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) - The Bishop Dwenger softball team took home their second straight sectional title with an 11-1 win over New Haven on Wednesday.
The Saints jumped out to an early 2-0 lead after an inning and a half, before the Bulldogs responded with a run to bring the lead to 2-1 after two innings.
Dwenger opened things up in the fourth after an Avery Greider grand slam, scoring five in the fourth and four in the fifth to secure the win in five innings.
The Saints advance to face the winner of the Sectional 21 Championship between NorthWood and Wawasee in regionals.
- Class 3A - Sectional 22 Championship (Angola)
- Bishop Dwenger 11, New Haven 1 (5 innings)
- Class 2A - Sectional 36 Semifinals (Eastside)
- South Adams 10, Bishop Luers 0
- Adams Central 6, Eastside 1
- Class 1A - Sectional 52 Semifinals (North Miami)
- Northfield 7, Caston 4
- West Central 11, Southwood 2