Fort Wayne, IN -- The Komets announced Wednesday that forward Matthew Weis has been loaned to Fort Wayne from the AHL's Chicago Wolves.
Weis (Wice), 23, made his pro debut this season in the AHL scoring a goal and three points in 29 games with Chicago. The Madison, New Jersey native spent the start of this year's training camp with the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights before joining the Wolves in September.
Weis completed his juniors career in 2013-14 leading Green Bay with 23 goals and ranking second with 57 points in 52 USHL games. Weis also claimed the 2014 World Junior A Challenge Gold Medal.
In 2014-15 Weis made his collegiate debut with Ohio State and was named to the Big Ten All-Rookie Team. He finished a four-year collegiate career last season ranking second on Ohio State with 25 assists and third with 37 points in 37 Big Ten games while earning his third Ohio State Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten Honorable Mention. The skater scored the game-winning goal in overtime vs. Michigan to send the Buckeyes into the Big Ten championship.
The Komets also announced Wednesday that goaltender Zach Fucale, reigning ECHL Goaltender of the Week, has been reassigned by Vegas to Chicago. Fucale has appeared in 17 Fort Wayne games registering a 10-5-0 record, 2.81 goals-against average and .903 save percentage.
- Weis assigned from Wolves as Fucale earns promotion
- Fucale Won't Return to Komets Next Year
- Larraza Assigned to Komets
- Martineau Assigned to Komets
- Tyanulin Assigned to Komets from Tucson
- Ike Anigbogu Assigned to Mad Ants
- Football Sectional Assignments Approved by IHSAA
- Girls Basketball Sectional Assignments Approved by IHSAA
- Boys Basketball Sectional Assignments Approved by IHSAA
- Indy Heat falls to Illinois Wolves in GRBA title game