Yes, their team lost, but Jaylon and Rod Smith won by simply taking the field on Sunday.
The Fort Wayne natives and brothers suited up for the Dallas Cowboys in front of dozens of friends and family members at Lucas Oil Stadium. The end result was a 23-0 win for the Indianapolis Colts, but the opportunity to play a professional football game in their home state is a dream come true for both guys. In his homecoming, Jaylon led the Dallas defense with 11 total tackles, while Rod carried the ball three times for 14 yards.
Jaylon, Rod and the Cowboys are back in action next Sunday when they host Tampa Bay.
- Fort Wayne natives Jaylon and Rod Smith relish opportunity to play close to home
- Rod Smith Relishing Role with Cowboys
- Reggie Hearn Relishes Opportunity to Play at Home
- Jaylon Smith Receives Red Coat
- Jaylon Smith Having Pro Bowl Caliber Year
- Jaylon Smith Ready for Fourth Pro Season
- Pair of Fort Wayne natives play hero for USF
- Rod Smith signs with Giants
- Jaylon Smith excited to make NFL postseason debut
- Jaylon Smith Signs Five-Year Extension with Cowboys