FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The TinCaps out-hit the Dayton Dragons (Cincinnati Reds), 13-9, on Friday night at Parkview Field, but the visitors scored four runs in the top of the ninth inning to break a tie score and win, 9-5.
Fort Wayne (4-11) leadoff hitter Jeisson Rosario went 4-for-5 and drew a walk to set the tone on a night in which the TinCaps set a season-high for hits. With the score tied, 3-3, in the bottom of the seventh, Rosario's fourth hit of the game, a single to shortstop, gave Fort Wayne a 5-3 as Dayton's Jose Garcia had a wild throw allowing the second run on the play to score.
The TinCaps had tied the game, 3-3, earlier in the seventh inning as first basmean Carlos Belen smashed a two-run homer to left field. Belen had originally given Fort Wayne a 1-0 lead in the first with an RBI single.
Left-handed starting pitcher Tom Cosgrove kept the Dragons off the board through five innings. Dayton, which entered on a Midwest League-best eight-game winning streak, came to life with three runs in the third. Cosgrove struck out eight batters in 4 1/3 innings. After Cosgrove, lefty reliever Travis Radke spun 2 2/3 scoreless innings.
But the Dragons rallied to tie the game with a pair of runs in the eighth and went ahead for good with their four in the ninth.
In addition to Rosario and Belen, catcher Luis Campusano (two hits and a walk) and left fielder Jack Suwinski (three hits) also had multi-hit performances.
Saturday, April 21 vs. Dayton (1:05 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Osvaldo Hernandez
- Dragons Probable Starter: RHP Tyler Mondile
Watch: Comcast Network 81
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM, TinCapsRadio.com, TuneIn
- Dayton tops TinCaps with late rally
- Captains Rally Late for Win Over TinCaps
- Whitecaps top TinCaps 4-1
- TinCaps top Hot Rods
- Whitecaps top TinCaps
- TinCaps Dominate Dayton to Win Third Straight
- TinCaps Take Rubber Match Against Dayton
- Bees rally to sting TinCaps
- TinCaps Rally Late, But Fall in Series Finale
- TinCaps Rally From Nine Down to Top Chiefs