Fort Wayne, Ind. (WFFT) - The Saint Francis football team has lost a game for its upcoming season.
Lindenwood-Belleville canceled their upcoming football season due to lack of numbers, while the university is preparing to close its undergrad operations following the 2020 spring semester.
Saint Francis was 5-0 against the Lynx, including a 70-0 win in the Cougars' national championship season in 2017.
Reached by phone, coach Kevin Donley told FOX 55 the team will proceed with a nine game schedule for the 2019 season.
Their new home opener will be their homecoming game against Saint Ambrose on September 28th.
- Cougs React to Lindenwood-Belleville Cancellation
- Lindenwood-Belleville Cancels Football Season, Including Game with USF
- #1 Saint Francis Cruises Past Lindenwood Belleville
- (1) USF ready for Lindenwood Belleville
- Cougs Ready for NAIA Semifinals
- Cougs Top Huntington in Crossroads League Play
- Cougs Ready to Rebound from Disappointing Season
- VolleyDons begin homestand with sweep of Lindenwood
- Cougs Look to Snap Losing Streak This Weekend
- Cougs ready for regular season finale at Taylor