Fort Wayne, Ind. (WFFT) – The Windy City Bulls defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 116-98, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Friday night.
JaKarr Sampson led Windy City with 23 points on 10-of-11 shooting and 10 rebounds as the Bulls (19-16) moved into first place in the central division for the first time this season.
Kaiser Gates came off the bench to lead all scorers with 24 points and four rebounds for Windy City. The Bulls never trailed after the 4:20 mark in the first quarter and built a lead as large as 22 on the night.
Former Mad Ant Walt Lemon Jr. burned the Mad Ants (18-16) again with 15 points, nine assists and eight rebounds in his second game back in Fort Wayne as an opponent this season. The Bulls have won 14 of the last 18 games now dating back to Dec. 14
Rob Gray led the Mad Ants in scoring for his third straight game with 18 points along with seven assists. Indiana Pacers assignee Alize Johnson added another double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds, but fell two assists shy of his first career triple-double.
Demetrius Denzel-Dyson pitched in 12 points off the bench for Fort Wayne.
The Mad Ants finish a three-game homestand on Sunday night against Santa Cruz. Windy City will return home and face Grand Rapids tomorrow night.
- Bulls gain control of central division with win at Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants blow past Bulls, clinch division title
- Purdue Fort Wayne Downs Manchester
- Fort Wayne MBB Wins 22nd Straight Non-League Home Game
- Fort Wayne men's volleyball notches second straight win
- Fort Wayne Softball Earns Walk-Off Win Over USD
- Purdue Fort Wayne WVB Runs Winning Streak to Four
- Nets avenge last night's loss with win at Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne MBB Confident Heading into Lexington
- Fort Wayne MBB Rolls over IU-Kokomo