If the Cincinnati Bengals changed their name to the Fort Wayne Bengals on Cincinnati, would anyone object?
It makes sense when you look at the roster. Not one, not two, but three Summit City football stars are on it. Bishop Dwenger's Tyler Eifert is entering his sixth year in the league, and although he is currently still recovering from back surgery, the tight end says he expects to be ready by week one. Snider's Jessie Bates III and Columbia City's Jared Murphy are both entering their rookie seasons. Bates was a second round pick in this year's draft. Murphy went undrafted and was a last-minute call to camp.
The Bengals open preseason play on August 9th against Chicago.
- Bates, Murphy trying to earn their stripes at Bengals camp
- Jessie Bates III, Jared Murphy Participate in Bengals Rookie Camp
- Bates, Eifert Ready for Season With Bengals
- Smith Brothers host third annual 'Earn Your Stripes' camp
- Bates, Eifert help lead Bengals to season-opening win vs. Colts
- Bates preparing for first NFL training camp
- Bates arrives in Cincinnati
- Jessie Bates' Number Retired by Snider
- Eifert back with Bengals on one-year deal
- Catching up with Jessie Bates III at the NFL Combine