The Fort Wayne Komets probably feel like they're in a reenactment of the movie Groundhog Day right about now.
For the fifth time in just the last month, the K's fell in a shootout on Wednesday. This one came at the hands of the Wichita Thunder by a score of 3-2. Fort Wayne has now lost five straight, but four of those have come in overtime or a shootout.
Wednesday's loss also marks the Komets' seventh straight setback on home ice. The K's haven't won a home game since January 12th. They'll look to change that on Friday when the Thunder return to the Coliseum.
- Another shootout loss?! Yep, another shootout loss for Komets
- Komets suffer shootout loss to Walleye
- Komets storm back before suffering another shootout loss
- Mallards Beat Komets in Shootout
- Walleye come back to beat Komets in shootout
- Komets clinch playoff spot with shootout win in Indy
- Cyclones hand Komets their first loss
- Bison beat 'Dons in rubber match shootout
- Komets Look to Bounce Back from Blowout Loss
- Komets Season Comes to a Close with Loss to Walleye