FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-Police have identified and cleared the woman in a surveillance video of any connection to a December 19 home invasion, but they still need your help identifying a male subject.
Both individuals reportedly used a credit card stolen from Martin and Maria Serrano on December 19. Neighbors in the area are still trying to process the incident.
"It was definitely shocking to hear. I mean, you think you live in a relatively safe neighborhood and things like that, you don't expect to happen," said one man who did not want to be identified.
According to court documents, when the Serranos came home on December 19th they found three masked men demanding drugs and cash from El Paraiso where the couple works.
"And then to hear what exactly happened. He was tied up and she was forced to go with the person, and the guns involved, and it hits home that it happened that close," the unidentified neighbor said.
Martin Serrano reportedly chewed his way through duct tape and untied shoe laces and cables before he found his wife's Jeep Wrangler missing. He then made his way to a gas station to call 911.
Meanwhile, on the south side, police chased down and eventually captured Myron Banks, and said they had Maria Serrano, and she was safe. Banks is facing seven charges including armed robbery and kidnapping.
The other two men are still at large, though, and the community is piecing together why this happened.
"You wonder why they picked that one rather than somebody else," said Stan McAbee, another neighbor.
WFFT did try to reach out to the Serranos, but we have not been able to contact them. If you have seen the man in the photo above, or know anything about this incident, you're urged to call police.
- subject identified and cleared of connection with home invasion, neighbors react
- Thanksgiving home invasion victims identified
- Police asking for help identifying home invasion suspects
- Neighbors react to murder investigation
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Police investigating home invasion on Hobson Road
- Victim tied up in home invasion
- Thanksgiving home invasion suspect appears in court
- Subject of stand-off in court
- Subject of standoff faces new charges