FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A Fort Wayne man was arrested and charged with felony battery after his five-month-old daughter was put in a medically induced coma.
FOX 55 arrived on scene Wednesday to an incident involving an infant at an apartment on Calhoun Street.
Few details were available, but police have now confirmed the baby, Caroline Ann Moran, was put in a medically induced coma after she was found unresponsive in an upstairs apartment.
A witness at the scene said he watched a firefighter carry the baby downstairs.
Her father, Dakota Moran, 21, was scheduled to appear in court Friday morning.
The Allen County Clerk's office told FOX 55 Moran was facing a level three felony battery charge, and there have been no updates as of Friday morning.
FOX 55 will update this story as more information becomes available.
- Five-month-old girl in coma, father charged with battery
- Dakota Moran pleads guilty to battery charge
- Police investigate battery after party
- Battery victim dies, suspect arrested
- Well-known Moscow journalist stabbed by attacker; in coma
- Huntington father charged in the death of his 2-month-old baby girl
- A woman in a coma for over 10 years gave birth last month, now police want DNA from men who work at facility
- Arrest made in Lagrange County battery
- 4-year-old girl, father dead in Indiana kayaking accident
- Father formally charged with murder of infant son