FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police are investigating after a body was found in an alley in the area of Oxford and Reed Sunday afternoon.
Police responded just after 2:00 p.m. in reference to an unknown problem. When they arrived, they were told a driver found a man lying in an alley and called 911.
Officers found the man suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead shortly after paramedics arrived.
Detectives and crime scene technicians canvassed the area for witnesses that may have seen or heard what happened. Police hope someone can help them put together a timeline of events.
One man, who lives near where the body was found, heard gunshots early Sunday morning, but thought they were fireworks until he saw the police later in the day.
Anyone who knows anything about this incident is asked to contact police at 427-1222 or Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP. The identity of the victim will be released by the Allen County Coroner.
- Body found in alley off Oxford, police investigate
- Body found in alley Sunday identified
- Fort Wayne alleys getting facelift
- Animal Care and Control investigating after dog abandoned in alley
- DNR investigating after body found in St. Marys River
- Woman killed, 2 children wounded inside car found in Fort Wayne alley
- Police investigating man found unresponsive on sidewalk
- Art This Way works to improve downtown alleys
- Police investigating after a child was found in critical condition
- Ossian Police investigating after toddler was found unresponsive