BERNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- The Woodlan boys and girls basketball teams swept the ACAC basketball tournament titles over the weekend with wins over Adams Central.
The Warrior girls topped the Jets 57-52 in come-from-behind fashion to claim the title in the early game.
After trailing 40-26 after three quarters, Addie Bayman and the Warriors outscored the Jets 31-12 in the final frame to win their first title since 1992.
Bayman led all scorers with 24 points and was named the tournament MVP.
The Warrior boys topped the Jets 48-35.
Unlike the girls, the boys jumped on top early and never gave the lead back.
Mitch Mendenhall led all scorers with 23 points in the winning effort and was named the tournament MVP.
It's the Warriors' second title in four seasons.
- Woodlan Sweeps ACAC Tourney Titles
- The Locker Room Week 9: Adams Central vs. Woodlan
- Woodlan student arrested for making on-line threats
- Homestead Girls, Carroll Boys Claim SAC Tourney Crowns
- Concordia Falls in 2A State Title Game
- Leo Softball Claims 4A Semi State Title
- Man dies after large wave sweeps him into Lake Michigan
- House to vote on sweeping budget and debt limit deal
- Saint Francis Beats Reinhardt, Claims Second Straight NAIA National Title
- Bishop Dwenger claims 4A state title in four overtimes