FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Women from the Allen County Bar Association donated their time to give back to the community on Friday.
Judges, magistrates, and attorneys all took part in Habitat for Humanity’s Women’s Build.
The Women’s Build allows women to come together and learn new skills while helping future homeowners.
Members there helped put up scaffolding and siding on houses in Fuller’s Landing, and Judge Wendy Davis says it’s work they are happy to do.
Davis said, "I am an elected official, as are my colleagues, and we want to make sure our community is strong. We want to be leaders and try to encourages others to get out and give back philanthropically. I think it’s all really important to make sure the community knows that we’re all not bad, we actually care about the community."
The women also got to build alongside the future homeowner.
- Women of the Allen County Bar Association helping build homes
- K9 Fun Run helps Allen County SPCA
- Local students helping build area homes
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Allen County Sheriff asking for help to ID burglary suspects
- Local woman gets home thanks to National Women Build Day
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Fire damages house in northwest Allen County