ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) - A Muncie woman is safe after a Silver Alert over the weekend.
Deanne Black, 54, was found locked up in the Steuben County Jail.
Indiana Silver Alert Plan Criteria
- The person must be a Missing Endangered Adult, Missing Endangered Child, High Risk Missing Person or have a mental impairment validated through a credible medical authority (Physician, Physician's Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner):
- Missing Endangered Adult, I.C. 12-7-2-131.3; or
- Missing Endangered Child, I.C. 10-13-5-4.4; or
- High Risk Missing Person, I.C. 5-2-17-1
- There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
- A request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
- Enter the missing endangered adult, and vehicle information (if applicable), into the Indiana Data and Communications System (IDACS) / National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database.
She was arrested by the Ashley-Hudson Police Department for drunk driving Friday afternoon.
But, someone in Muncie didn't know and reported her missing and the Indiana State Police issued a statewide Silver Alert.
However, ISP leaves the missing person investigation to local agencies.
"We are the conduit for getting that information broadcast statewide through all the multiple sources on behalf of that agency," said Indiana State Police Post 22 spokesman Sgt. Ron Galaviz.
- Woman subject of statewide Silver Alert was in Steuben County Jail
- Statewide Silver Alert Canceled for Caitlyn Marie Baker
- Buffalo roam Steuben County fields
- State Police cancel Silver Alert
- Update: Silver Alert cancelled; missing Fort Wayne woman found safe
- UPDATE: Silver Alert canceled for missing Fort Wayne woman
- Two arrested in Steuben County drug search
- One person dead in Steuben County crash
- Steuben County Sheriff 'Please lock your vehicle'
- Silver Alert ended for missing Bluffton man