Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Hope Jones story starts 6 years ago when she experienced a heart emergency during family vacation time becoming diagnosed with superventricular tachycardia at 32 years old.
"They haven't really been able to pin how I have SVT, but one of the things is stress was a part of that," Jones said.
Before taking another family trip, this time to Disney World, she had to take a trip to the hospital which brought life changing decisions.
"My heart rate went from 65 beats per minute to 180. When that happened I knew right away that something was off. I had cold sweats. I was light headed. I had trouble keeping my body stationary like it was just shaking," Jones explained.
Her heart had to be reset. Doctors stopping her heart 2 times in order to get it where it needed to be. The third time it worked. That wake up call changed her whole life.
"One of the things I tell women and men, if something is off with your body, you need to go and seek medical attention immediately," she added.
She's sharing her story through Transitional Health, Inc.- a non- profit centered around creating a healthier lifestyle. Transitional Health Inc. held a luncheon Saturday in hopes of saving other lives.
"It's important for people to hear stories, successful stories of people that look like them. Ms. Hope has a very powerful testimony of her survival of having her heart condition and challenges, what she did to overcome them, and what she's doing now to lead a more proactive healthy life," executive director for Transitional Health, Inc. Yalonda Naylor said.
To learn more about Transitional Health, Inc. visit their facebook page here.
- Woman shares story in hopes of inspiring a healthier lifestyle in others
- A healthier Thanksgiving in 8 traditional, simple, calorie-conscious courses
- Local man shares his story of battling A.L.S for National A.L.S Awareness Month
- Dogs help the people who own them maintain a healthier heart, a study finds
- People over 65 share fake news stories on Facebook more than any other age group, study says
- This epic NASA handshake was inspired by NFL players
- Inspiration House Inc. holds 80's style prom for sobriety
- Handmade Hope Honors Organ Donors
- Red River reviews don't tell whole story
- 'Toy Story 4' trailer introduces new character