FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Fort Wayne Police Department responded to a report of a single-vehicle motorcycle crash at the intersection of West Main Street and Leesburg Road Tuesday morning.
Officers said they arrived shortly after 2 a.m. and found an adult female in the grassy area appearing to be unconscious.
Police say that paramedics determined the woman was in serious condition.
They said afterbeing transported to a local hospital, the female was downgraded to life-threatening condition.
At this time, it appears the female was the passenger on a motorcycle driven by an adult male.
Police say the adult male was driving eastbound on West Main Street and tried to make a northbound turn onto Leesburg Road when he lost control and hit the curb on the east side of the roadway, crashing his motorcycle.
The man suffered minor injuries.
Investigators said he was taken to the police station to be interviewed.
Investigators believe alcohol is a factor in this investigation. Neither rider was wearing a helmet.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police.
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash in Fort Wayne
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle crashes into multiple vehicles
- One person in critical condition after motorcycle crash
- Fort Wayne man in critical condition after Euclid Avenue shooting
- Fort Wayne police investigating deadly motorcycle crash on Jefferson Blvd
- 45-year-old Fort Wayne man killed in motorcycle crash
- Man critically hurt in motorcycle crash
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle and SUV collide
- Akron woman in critical condition after two vehicle crash
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition