FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- A woman was rushed to the hospital tonight after she was struck by an SUV in a Kroger parking lot.
It happened at 6:14 p.m. at the grocery store on East State Boulevard.
Fort Wayne police say the woman was walking in the parking lot directly in front of the store when she crossed in front of the SUV.
The woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition but later downgraded to critical, police say.
The driver of the SUV was not hurt.
Investigators say it doesn't appear alcohol or drugs were contributing factors in the crash.
It remains under investigation.
- Woman hit by car in Kroger parking lot
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Man found dead in car in Decatur parking lot
- Woman arrested in Defiance hotel parking lot shooting
- Woman shot in parking lot of Villa Capri Apartments dies
- Woman hit by a car, seriously hurt
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Man found dead in Walgreens parking lot