FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Police are investigating an early morning incident on the city's southeast side that left a woman in critical condition.
Police were called around 2:50 a.m. Friday to 4821 Oliver Street. When they arrived the door to the home was hanging wide open. They found a woman inside suffering from traumatic injuries. She was taken to the hospital in serious condition, but was downgraded to critical.
Police at the home Friday morning said the woman was the victim of a possible stabbing. They could not confirm what other injuries she had.
Detectives learned the woman was able to call a family member who called 911. Officers also found a baby in the house who was not hurt.
Police do not have any suspect information or motive. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP, or the Detective Bureau at 427-1201.
FOX 55 will update this story as more information becomes available.
- Woman found seriously hurt in southeast side home
- Fire damages southeast side house
- One person hurt in shooting on southeast side
- Two critically hurt after shooting at southeast side restaurant
- Man critically hurt in south side shooting
- One person hurt in south side shooting
- One person hurt in shooting on city's east side
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Southeast Fort Wayne business development behind downtown
- Woman hurt in rural Allen County crash