FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A woman died after being hit by a car Wednesday.
The accident happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. in the 7700 block of South Lafayette Street.
Officers found a woman laying on the ground and she was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but she later died.
Police said the driver of the car was heading north when the woman ran across the four lanes of traffic. The driver of the car hit the woman before she made it across.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- Woman hit by a car, seriously hurt
- Eleven year old boy dies after being hit by car
- Woman crashes car into business
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Tiger Woods hit with lawsuit after employee dies in car crash
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- Coroner identifies woman who died after multi-car crash on Stellhorn Road
- Woman dies in Huntington County crash
- Woman dies in crash south of Downtown