FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A woman died after being hit by a car Wednesday.
The accident happened shortly after 7:00 p.m. in the 7700 block of South Lafayette Street.
Officers found a woman laying on the ground and she was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but she later died.
Police said the driver of the car was heading north when the woman ran across the four lanes of traffic. The driver of the car hit the woman before she made it across.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- Woman hit by a car, seriously hurt
- Eleven year old boy dies after being hit by car
- Woman hit by car in Kroger parking lot
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Woman crashes car into business
- Tiger Woods hit with lawsuit after employee dies in car crash
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- Indiana toddler dies in hot car
- Fort Wayne woman in wheelchair hit by car on Hobson Road, injured