FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- A man and woman were hurt after a head-on crash on the northeast side of the city this morning.
The crash happened at 9:48 a.m. on the 4400 block of St. Joe Center Road.
Fort Wayne Police say a man driving eastbound crossed the center line, striking a car driven westbound by a woman.
The woman was extricated from the vehicle and taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police say the man's injuries are not life-threatening.
Police are investigating what caused the man's car to cross the center line.
The west lanes and one eastbound lane were shut down for about an hour and a half during the investigation.
- Woman critically injured in Fort Wayne head-on crash
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash in Fort Wayne
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured
- Driver crashes into Fort Wayne liquor store, injuring employee
- Man injured in Fort Wayne shooting
- Warsaw woman critically injured in crash with semi
- Four people injured in crash, one critical
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Fort Wayne woman identified in fatal New Haven head-on crash
- Pedestrian critically injured after being hit on I-69 in Fort Wayne