FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A woman is in critical condition after a shooting north of downtown early Saturday morning.
Around 4:30 a.m. police responded to a local hospital where a woman was suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to the hospital by a private vehicle.
Just before that time, officers received 911 calls that gunshots were heard in the 200 block of Third Street.
Investigators believe the shooting occurred in the area of Fourth Street and Harrison Street. Detectives are canvassing the area and looking for possible witnesses.
There is no suspect information at the time. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Detective Bureau at 427-1201 or Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP.
- Woman critically hurt in shooting north of downtown
- Woman critically hurt after car crash
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- Man critically hurt in south side shooting
- One critically hurt in officer involved shooting
- Man critically hurt after shooting Tuesday afternoon
- Girl critically hurt in accidental shooting
- One person critically hurt in shooting
- Man critically hurt in crash
- Two critically hurt in shooting outside bar, suspect arrested