FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Police are investigating a critical injury crash that sent two people to the hospital.
It happened just after 7:30 p.m. Thursday night in the 1800 block of West Jefferson Boulevard.
Intitial reports said two vehicles were involved and one of the drivers was pinned in her vehicle. When officers arrived they found a woman pinned and unresponsive. She had to be extricated from her vehicle and was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
The male driver of the other vehicle complained of pain and was taken to a hospital in good condition.
Police said one vehicle was traveling west on Jefferson Blvd. and crossed the center line. The eastbound vehicle was unable to avoid colliding with the vehicle that crossed the center line.
It does not appear drugs or alcohol were factors. Police said road conditions may have been a factor.
Eastbound Jefferson Blvd. is closed between Main Street and Swinney Park. Westbound Jefferson Blvd. is restricted to one late while investigators process the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Two people sent to hospital after crash, one critical
- Four people injured in crash, one critical
- Man critically hurt in crash
- Car crash sends multiple people to the hospital
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Woman critically hurt after car crash
- Two people hospitalized after Sunday morning shooting
- Garrett man taken to hospital after crash
- Motorcycle crash sends one to hospital
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle crashes into multiple vehicles