FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — A woman was stabbed on the city's northeast side Tuesday afternoon.
The Fort Wayne Police Department responded to the 4700 block of Jason Drive at the Shoaff Park Villas around 12:40 p.m. about a reported stabbing.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
Jason Drive Stabbing
When first responders arrived they say a woman was found with stab wounds.
FWPD has made an arrest in connection to the deadly stabbing Tuesday afternoon.
Police arrested 27-year-old Alisha Lampkin on a preliminary murder charge after she was taken into police custody as a person of interest.
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, where she later died.
Lampkin will be booked into the Allen County Jail and appear in Allen County Superior Court Wednesday morning.
The victim’s identity will be released by the Allen County Coroner’s Office after her family is notified.
- Woman arrested in deadly Shoaff Park Villas stabbing
- Victim identified in deadly Shoaff Park Villas stabbing
- Woman dead after stabbing at Shoaff Park Villas, person of interest in custody
- DNR brings trout to Shoaff Park
- Woman shot in parking lot of Villa Capri Apartments dies
- Arrest made in Greene Street deadly stabbing
- Police arrest suspect in Villa Capri Apartments killing
- Woman arrested in LaGrange County following stabbing
- Police arrest woman in Francis Street stabbing
- Two arrested after deadly stabbing in Grant County