WELLS COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - A woman was flown to the hospital after crashing into the Wabash River in Wells County.
The incident happened Tuesday around 3:30 p.m. in the 6500 block of SR 116, west of Bluffton.
The Wells County Sheriff's department said a woman driving south on 116 slid off the road and down an embankment.
When deputies arrived, the woman's car was submerged in the river.
Officials said the woman was in the car for about an hour before dive teams were able to rescue her.
The woman was last listed in critical condition.
- Woman airlifted after crashing in Wabash River
- Kendallville woman airlifted after near head-on crash
- Wabash woman dead in Peru motorcycle crash
- Three people airlifted from scene after head-on crash
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- Anthem insurance will cover medical airlifts in some states
- Murder suspect, two others dead in Wabash County crash
- Woman crashes car into business
- Bryan woman dead in crash
- Woman falls into St. Marys River trying to save dog